Saturday, May 26, 2007

Why MBA

"Why MBA" this was the question asked me in the IIM application form and this is the question I keep on asking myself ever since I screwed up IIM GD and interview. The first time when the question was posed, my obvious answer was money but I managed to write something else in the form, the regular blab (it acts as my career launch pad, widens my scope of understanding….). Now if I ask myself, was that for money? I can’t say it in the same old firm voice. Will I not be able to earn a good pay after two years, if I continue in my current job or switch to a better paying company or fly US? To be honest it is not that hard. Then why MBA? I think again. MBA from IIM’s add a good value to your profile that’s the answer I gave in the interview and also to many others. So is it the answer, I think again. What do I do with my profile, when is my profile going to speak? The answer is simple when I apply for a job or start a business. Why would I apply for a job or start a business? The answer is simple again MONEY. Soooo I don’t need to do an MBA? I think again and again and again. As many said earlier and keep on saying to me you can’t end up as an undergraduate, you need to at least finish your master’s degree. Then again why MBA? I can go for MS or do MBA from some not so famous college for the sake of finishing my master’s degree. And before that why can’t I be an undergraduate? Why should I do my master’s? Being an undergraduate or not being a graduate is in no way going to affect my job, then why? I am puzzled and I think again. The question is still unanswered “Why MBA???” Soon I need to find a solution for a good night sleep.

2 comments:

chaithu said...

Interesting Opinion... I guess its probably better for us to keep doing things which we are doing rather than keep thinking about an MBA.. I think MBA is mostly thought of and mostly used to escape from our daily ordeals and we, at this time, are thinking so much about it as we are not happy with what we are doing. Good take though, But its seriously a question with few good answers

Unknown said...

Very good.. a must read for many ppl who are just spending thousands of rupees..hrs of time only thinking of wat college how the interview would be?? which college bags fat packets etc..etc..And allthis middle of a little practice session...

Seriously.. if many of them accept the answer wud be MONEY... then if they think Masters wud add to profile there are other ways..